Measuring Range in Steel
0.040 - 6.00 inches
1.00 - 150.0 mm
The MX-3 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge accurately measures wall thickness and the extent of corrosion of all metals, ceramics, glass and most rigid plastics - from only one side!
MX-3 Ultrasonic Thickness Gages can be used in a Single Thickness Reading mode or in a Scan mode , where the probe is dragged over a large measuring area. The minimum thickness reading recorded during the "scan" will be displayed.
The MX-3 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge probe is waterproof and can be submerged in water. The gauge is impact-resistant and environmentally sealed to provide trouble-free operation under the toughest field conditions.
- Resolution of 0.001 inch (0.01 mm)
- Large, backlit LCD display retains last reading
- Simple operator controls virtually eliminate training
- Special-purpose probes are offered for a variety of applications
- Switch-selected units for inches or mm
- For underwater surveying, probe cable lengths up to 50 feet are optionally
- CE Certified
- Includes NIST Calibration Certificate
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||0.350" (8.89 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||3" (76.2 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||3" (76.2 mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.5" (12.7 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - F||na|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe||na|
|Range in Steel||0.040-6.00" (1.00-150.0 mm) |
|Resolution||.001" (0.01 mm) |
|Display||4 - Digit, 0.5" Backlit LCD |
|Velocity Range||6,500-33,000 ft./sec (2000-10,000 m/sec.) |
|Probe||1/4", 5 MHz, actual wearface is 5/8" (17mm) |
|Cable||4 ft. (1.2 m) waterproof cable with non-polarized, quick-disconnect connectors. Optional lengths up to 50 ft. (15 m). |
|Temp. Limits||Ambient: -20 to 120 F (-30 to 50 C)|
Material: -0 to 200 F (-20 to 100 C
Special high temperature probes are optionally available.
|Battery Type||Two AA batteries |
|Battery Life||200 hours |
|Weight||7 ounces (196 g) |
|Size||2.5 x 4.5 x 1.25"(64 x 114 x 32 mm) |
|Accessories Included||Probe/cable assembly. 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, NIST Calibration Certificate, 2 AA batteries, operating instructions, hard-plastic carrying case. |
|Warranty||Gauge: 5 Years|
Probes: 90 Days
The MX-3 Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauge is supplied as a complete kit with the gauge, probe, 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, 2 AA batteries, NIST Calibration Certificate, and Operating Instruction Manual - all in a foam-fitted carrying case.
- Used to create an ultrasonic coupling between the probe and material to be measured
- 12 oz Bottle
- The V-Block transducer holder offers the operator greater control and repeatabily when measuring on pipes and other curved areas